There will be lifejacket clinics on the RNLI stand (LA083) at 2pm everyday.
The RNLI has attended the London Boat Show since it started in 1955. Split across four main areas, the stand for 2018 will be bigger and more interactive than ever before. Keen sailors and watersports enthusiasts alike will be well catered for with several interactive attractions.
In one dedicated area, the RNLI will have on display a wide range of water safety products that you’ll need to call for help if you run into trouble at sea, from mobile phone pouches to EPIRBs.
Elsewhere on the RNLI stand, you’ll be able to try on a range of modern lifejackets from different manufacturers – then use the hashtag #LoveMyLifeJacket to share your perfect fit with friends, family, and fellow watersports enthusiasts online.
The RNLI will also be giving away one lifesaving product each day, kindly donated by well-known manufacturers. So make sure you have a go at the Crack the Code Safe to see if you’re today’s lucky winner!
Whatever you do on the RNLI stand, you’ll be given the chance to sign up for a free Advice On Board session, where an expert RNLI volunteer will visit your boat to offer helpful tips on staying safe while sailing and boating. This is a unique opportunity you won’t want to miss.
You can also join as an RNLI member, which will help to provide our brave crews and lifeguards with the training, boats, equipment and support they need to save lives. You'll ensure they can respond not just today, but in the future too. You can even leave your own heartfelt message to our lifesaving crew on a giant post-it wall.
All you need to know
- Get water safety advice and friendly tips from the experts on staying safe at sea.
- Discover the various types of water safety products the RNLI recommend to help you enjoy watersports with full peace of mind.
- Try on a variety of lifejackets from different manufacturers.
- Try the Crack the Code Safe to be in with a chance of winning top-tier lifesaving products.
- Book a visit from an RNLI boating expert when you sign up for a FREE Advice On Board session.
- Leave a personal message for the volunteer lifesavers who help to keep our waters safe all year round.