GENERAL TICKET PURCHASES
These apply to Standard, Preview, RYA Promotional, John Goode Promotional, Armed Forces Promotional and Gift Tickets. In circumstances where there is a conflict between the terms and conditions relating to General Ticket Purchases, RYA Promotional Tickets, John Goode Promotional Tickets, Armed Forces Promotional Tickets and Gift Tickets purchases, the precedence shall be as follows:
(1) Gift Tickets Purchases (where applicable);
(2) RYA Promotional Tickets (where applicable);
(3) John Goode Promotional Tickets (where applicable);
(4) Armed Forces Promotional Tickets (where applicable); and
(5) General Ticket Purchases.
1. The organiser is National Boat Shows Limited (company number 0055861, Marine House, with its registered office at Thorpe Lea Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 8BF), which includes its employees, staff, agents, advisors and representatives (the “Organiser”).
2. The show is the London Boat Show 2018, which includes the Boating and Watersports Holiday Show (together, the “Show”) and references to 'you' and/or the 'visitor' shall mean a visitor to the Show.
3. All tickets, discounts and promotions are subject to availability.
4. Visitors will not be allowed admission to the Show without a valid ticket. Each valid ticket will gain entry for a visitor to the London Boat Show 2018 and the collocated Boating and Watersports Holiday Show between the hours of 10am and 6pm on Show open dates. Tickets shall not grant access for visitors under any circumstances to any other shows (whether collocated with the Show or not) which may be announced by the Organiser from time to time.
5. Presentation of the ticket for Show admission constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions upon which the Organiser is prepared to grant entry.
6. A ticket is valid for one admission only on the day of presentation (unless otherwise expressly stated by the Organiser). Removal of the stub or any alteration may invalidate the ticket.
7. Tickets containing mistakes cannot be rectified on presentation of the tickets at the Show.
8. No children under the age of 16 years will be admitted access to the Show (even with a valid ticket) without any accompanying adult.
9. Up to two children 15 years and under can gain access to the Show with every standard adult ticket presented.
10. All children entering the Show must have a ticket.
11. A ticket obtained in contravention of these terms and conditions, or which in the Organiser’s reasonable opinion is being used, or is intended to used, in contravention of these terms and conditions, shall be void. All rights conferred or evidenced by such a ticket shall be nullified.
12. For public safety the Organiser reserves the right and ultimate discretion to refuse admission to or to eject visitors to the Show or with respect to Show attractions in reasonable circumstances (for example taking health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account), and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of visitors. Visitors should note that they may be refused entry or ejected from the venue on account of being (or appearing to be) abusive, threatening, or drunken, declining to be searched, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances or for any other anti-social behaviour. Determination of such shall be at the discretion of the Organiser.
13. Each visitor admitted to the Show enters the Show at their own risk.
Promotional & Discounted Tickets
14. Promotional or discounted tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
15. Tickets shall not be used for any promotion, advertising, fundraising, auction, raffle or other similar commercial or non-commercial purpose including, but not limited to, being awarded as a prize (or part of) without the consent of the Organiser.
Refunds, Exchange, Transfer or Resale
16. All tickets remain the property of the Organiser.
17. No refunds are available on tickets.
18. Tickets cannot be exchanged, or transferred, nor may they be resold for commercial gain.
19. Any replacement of lost, damaged or stolen tickets remains at the discretion of the Organiser.
Right to Cancel, Defer, Rearrange or Amend
20. The Organiser reserves the right to defer, rearrange, amend or cancel the Show in whole or in part or any of its attractions at any time without obligation to refund or exchange tickets.
21. If for any reason the Organiser cannot offer you any feature or attraction at the time or date specified, it will endeavour to offer you a suitable alternative time and/or date during the Show, but it will not be obliged to do so.
22. Possession of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket.
23. Visitors may be filmed and/or recorded for broadcast, marketing, Show promotion or security purposes during the Show.
24. Other than for private or domestic use, any ticket holder attending the Show shall not record, use or transmit over the internet, radio, television or any other current or future media, any sound, image, recording or description of the Show without first obtaining explicit consent from the Organiser.
25. The distribution of leaflets or any other advertising material or the sale of articles anywhere within the Show premises is strictly forbidden without prior written permission from the Organiser; who reserves the right at its absolute discretion to confiscate such articles for infringement of this condition.
26. Ambush marketing is strictly prohibited and anyone caught carrying out such an activity will be evicted from the Show and potentially be subject to prosecution.
27. You must not breach or infringe the rights of any sponsors, suppliers, broadcasters, exhibitors or other parties commercially associated to the Show.
28. Alcohol is only served to those visitors aged 18 years and over. Proof of age may be requested at the time of serving alcohol.
29. Alcohol shall only be consumed in the designated areas.
30. Illegal substances will not be tolerated and the Organiser reserves the right to remove any visitor from the Show if the Organiser believes that they are either carrying or using any illegal substances.
31. Animals shall not be permitted to the Show except for guide and assistance dogs.
32. All damage to property, accidents and injuries incurred at the Show must be reported to the Organiser immediately in accordance with Show health and safety procedures.
33. The Organiser reserves the right at all times to refuse or restrict the use of any facilities and to eject any person refusing to comply with these conditions, or who the Organiser reasonably believes to behave inappropriately in any way, cause damage or annoyance to any other persons or property.
34. A transaction fee of £1.95 will apply to each individual booking transaction.
35. The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time.
Limitation of Liability
36. Except for any liability for:
i) death or personal injury caused by its negligence; or
ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
iii) any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law;
the Organiser will not be liable, whether in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence or breach of statutory duty) for:
iv) any damage to property, accidents or injuries incurred at the Show;
v) financial or other responsibility for: 1) any loss or liability incurred by a visitor at the Show, which arises or may arise as a result of contracts entered into by visitors with any exhibitor or for any advice sought or obtained from any exhibitor; or 2) any loss or damage to personal property brought into the Show;
vi) any indirect, special or consequential losses, including, but not limited to: a) loss of profits; b) loss of revenue; c) loss of contracts; d) loss of data; and/or e) loss of goodwill.
37. The Organiser’s liability (whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise) is limited to the purchase price of the tickets that you purchased, or £50 (whichever is the greater).
38. These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
39. These terms and conditions (and the Gift Tickets terms and conditions where applicable) constitute the entire agreement between the Organiser and any visitor and neither party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these terms and conditions which is not already set out in these terms and conditions.
40. If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted.
Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
41. For all ticket queries please call Redbox on 0844 776 7766.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
42. The purchase of any Show Ticket shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the English courts.
GIFT TICKET PURCHASES – Save where stated, these apply to Gift Ticket Purchases only.
43. Gift Vouchers must be exchanged for an entry ticket to enable access to the Show. Visitors will not be allowed admission to the Show without a valid ticket.
44. The recipient of the Gift Voucher must redeem their voucher using the ticket website to obtain entry ticket to the Show.
45. Vouchers are only valid for the Show and cannot be exchanged for cash, or transferred, nor may they be resold for commercial gain.
46. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for Show products or retail items.
RYA Promotional Tickets - these apply to RYA Promotional Tickets only.
47. Current RYA Members are entitled to one free Standard ticket to the Show.
48. No transaction fee applies to free tickets which are printed at home. Where the RYA Member elects for tickets to be sent to them via the post, such member will be charged a fee of £1.75 for postage per transaction and not per ticket, which shall be charged in addition to the transaction fee mentioned in clause 49 below.
49. Subsequent tickets up to a maximum of 3 per RYA Member can be purchased at a discounted rate of £12.00 ("Discounted" ticket), after which the standard advance rate will prevail. A transaction fee of £1.95 will be applied to all purchased tickets (whether at the discounted rate of £12.00 or otherwise), which shall apply per transaction and not per ticket.
50. Free and Discounted tickets will also be valid on the press and public preview day of 10th January 2018, in addition to the standard admission Show dates of 11th of January to 14th January 2018. Up to four children 15 years and under can gain access to the Show with every free RYA Promotional Standard ticket and Discounted ticket presented at the Show.
51. Purchasing and/or presentation of a ticket (whether free or Discounted) for Show admission is subject to the terms and conditions for i) General Ticket Purchases and ii) RYA Promotional Tickets. In the event of a conflict between these terms, the precedence shall be: i) RYA Promotional Tickets terms and conditions; and ii) General Ticket Purchases terms and conditions.
52. Tickets will be sent via email attachment and must be printed and provided at the Show on the day of intended admission.
53. Tickets are valid for one admission only. Upon exit from the Show visitors will not be re-admitted.
54. Free ticket offer promotion will close at 11.59pm on January 9th 2018.
55. This offer is not available on the gate.
56. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
57. Tickets (whether free, Discounted or purchased) cannot be exchanged, or transferred, nor may they be resold for commercial gain.
58. The face value of the free ticket is £0.00.
John Goode Promotional Tickets - these apply to John Goode Promotional Tickets only.
59. This offer is only available to persons contacted or made aware of the offer via John Goode (individually referred to as an “Eligible Person”).
60. An Eligible Person will be provided with a code which must be entered into the Show ticketing website and will entitle them to one Standard ticket at a discounted rate of £12.50.
61. A transaction fee of £1.95 will be applied to all purchased tickets, which shall apply per transaction and not per ticket.
62. Upon purchasing a discounted ticket under clause 60, an Eligible Person will receive this ticket via email and will also receive one free Standard ticket via email.
63. An Eligible Person is entitled to purchase up to five discounted Standard tickets (with a matching amount of free Standard tickets) only via this offer. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel and/or void any tickets (whether discounted or free) obtained in excess of this under this offer.
64. Free and discounted tickets under this offer will be valid on any one day between the 10th January 2018 and 14th January 2018.
65. Purchasing and/or presentation of a ticket (whether free or discounted) under this offer for Show admission is subject to the terms and conditions for i) General Ticket Purchases and ii) John Goode Promotional Tickets. In the event of a conflict between these terms, the precedence shall be: i) John Goode Promotional Tickets terms and conditions; and ii) General Ticket Purchases terms and conditions.
66. Tickets will not be sent by post. Tickets will be sent via email and must be printed and provided at the Show on the day of intended admission.
67. Tickets are valid for one admission only. Upon exit from the Show visitors will not be re-admitted.
68. The Organiser reserves the right to amend or remove this offer at any time.
69. Subject to clause 68, this offer is available whilst stocks last, but will in any event shall close at 11.59pm on January 10th 2018.
70. This offer is not available on the gate.
71. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
72. Tickets (whether free or purchased) cannot be exchanged, or transferred, nor may they be resold for commercial gain.
73. The face value of a free ticket is £0.00.
Armed Forces Promotional Tickets - these apply to Armed Forces Promotional Tickets only
74. Current Personnel of Her Majesty's Armed Forces, meaning the Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force and Royal Fleet Auxillary Service (together referred to as "Forces Personnel"), are entitled to two tickets admitting entry to the Show, at a discounted rate of £10 per ticket ("Forces Rate").
75. The Tickets available to Forces Personnel at the Forces Rate will depend on the date tickets will be used for admission to the Show.
76. Tickets purchased for admission on 10th January 2018 will be the Preview Day tickets, and tickets purchased for entry between 11th January to 14th January 2018 will be the Standard Day tickets.
77. The Forces Rate will not apply to any other tickets.
78. Tickets available at the Forces Rate can only be purchased at the Show gate between 10th January 2018 and 14th January 2018 and are not available online.
79. Additional tickets can be purchased for full price at the Show gate.
80. Proof of being a member of current Forces Personnel will be required by the cashier at the Show gate in order to take advantage of the Forces Rate as outlined above.
81. Tickets purchased at the Forces Rate and full price are subject to the terms and conditions for General Ticket Purchases. With regard to tickets available at the Forces Rate only, in the event of a conflict between the terms and conditions of: i) General Ticket Purchases; and ii) Armed Forces Promotional Tickets, the terms of these Armed Forces Promotional Tickets shall prevail.